Start Time: 7:30 am
End Time: Heavily dependent on flow of class, but everyone is usually done at the range around 3pm. Range time is one on one and as soon as your turn is done you are done with class and can leave.
This is a specially designed class for those seeking the NRA Basic Pistol Class (required for CT Permit, some counties in NY and is valid when applying for a FL permit) and the Utah Pistol Permit Class (valid in 33 other states) and wish to do so in 1 day.
There are no prerequisites for this course.
This one day course includes classroom and range time learning to shoot revolvers and semi-automatic pistols. Students learn NRA’s rules for safe gun handling; pistol parts and operation; ammunition; shooting fundamentals; range rules; various shooting positions; cleaning the pistol; Utah law with regard to firearms and the use of force as well as Federal Firearms laws and continued opportunities for skill development. This is followed by live fire shooting at the range.
Included in the course fee:
- Utah Pistol Permit Course, taught by Utah BCI Certified Instructor
- NRA Basic Pistol Safety Course, taught by NRA Certified Instructor
- Two passport sized photos
- One completed fingerprint card
- Copy of your drivers license
- Utah CPF Application stamped with Utah Certified Instructors Seal
- Envelope ready to mail your application and accompanying paperwork to UTAH BCI
- NRA Basic Pistol Course Completion Certificate sent via email upon successful completion of the course
- One on One Live Fire Range Time Instruction
- Use of firearms: semi-auto & revolver
- Ammunition, Targets, Eye & Ear Protection
Classroom: 1481 Southford Road, Southbury, CT 06488. Please check your “CLASS INFO” for full details.
Range: Bridgeport Shooting Range 1918 Stratford Avenue, Bridgeport 06607
$225. We require payment in full in order to reserve your spot for class. This fee is non-refundable, but can be transferred to another class date if you need to reschedule.
Private Classes are available. Email Laurie for full details and to schedule: email@example.com